Mine Nation
We have officially moved hosts to ZetaBoards, please register at the following link to wait and wait for approval.

http://w11.zetaboards.com/mine_nation/register/
Mine Nation
We have officially moved hosts to ZetaBoards, please register at the following link to wait and wait for approval.

http://w11.zetaboards.com/mine_nation/register/

Moved to w11.zetaboards.com/Mine_Nation/index/

Introductions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joep
Admin
Admin
Joep

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Introductions   Introductions EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 10:48 pm

Like the title said, post an introduction of yourself here. Share any information you want; your name, age, what you look like, your hobbies?

Maybe tell us something about your rs history too!

You're also allowed to say hi and comment when new introductions are posted! The comments will get cleaned up so the introductions remain easy to find.

Last edited by Joep on Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:49 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Joep
Admin
Admin
Joep

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 11:52 pm

Hey all.

As my name suggests, I am Joep Introductions 1It's a common dutch name and I live indeed in the Netherlands. I am 18 years old, live with my parents and brother in a lovely village. I graduated highschool last year (gymnasium for the dutch amongst us). This means I'm going to uni next year, the studies is called 'City and area development'. Geography and history are things that have always interested me. I love to visit new countries and I have always dreamed of visiting Australia. I'm very interested in the world around me, what's happening, how it works, how it used to be and all that stuff.

Most of the time I'm a very serious guy. That doesn't mean I can't take or make a joke for some fun Wink. I may seem a bit strange at times. Maybe even weird.. Okay I'm kinda crazy or 'insane' at times. If it's too bad you're best off ignoring me. It usually happens after midnight. Nothing to worry about! Introductions E640749

I love badminton, although I'm not good at all. I usually only read books with a fantasy lotr-ish theme. My music taste sits between rock/metal and a bunch of the many many subgenres out there. For a more detailed description I can link you to my last.fm profile if anyone would be interested. When it comes to movies I don't like horror and dark themed movies at all. I don't watch much TV nowadays. I love cookies (who doesn't??) Introductions E640569

I started rs when I was 10 years old (I think???). It might be 11, either way it's been a long time since then. Back when I started and during most to all of what I call my first rs 'period' I barely knew a single word in english and I played no more than a few hours a week, if at all. I was F2P all of this time and matched the true meaning of 'noob'. I quit at age 13 just like everyone else basically.
I picked rs back up a year later and haven't quit since (except for a few month breaks, the usual). My english has developed greatly since that time and I'm proud to say that RS taught me more than school did. It also got me the highest grade of everyone in class Introductions 7
Nowadays I play Rs quite a bit.. too much (if that's possible). I'll continue playing as long as I enjoy it and of course, if uni allows me enough time. I spent over 5 years of my RS career in F2P and remember being very upset at Stealing creation being a member's only update (all of us ran straight to the place to check it out on release because Jagex were not kind enough to say it was members only content Introductions 4Introductions 4)
I have achieved stuff. I'll try not to brag too much about it so let's just ignore my pure f2p acc.. My (new-but-veteran) account with the displayname "Joep" is maxed total and I have a completionist cape. It used to be my combat only account, later becoming a rune pure with no skills, but when I decided I wanted more out of rs and looked into getting members, I refused to ruin my F2p achievements and made the rune pure members instead of my main. That way it became a new main..

I hope you all don't mind reading this essay too much. If you do then I'm very sorry Introductions 4

[Took this intro I wrote last year off another website cause I'm lazy]
Back to top Go down
00g Plugs

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Hey everyone! (:   Introductions EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 1:38 am

My name is Dylan, I come from Florida in the United States of 'Merica. I'm 18 and i've been playing rs for around 10 years. I will begin college or (university) if you're from overseas :p! I graduated high school 8 days ago, I love to workout I do it 6 times a week for 2 hours a day, i'm a powerlifter by nature (if any of you know what that is (Wink. I love movies, I literally sit and play rs while watching any movie I can. I love EDM and Dubstep as well as some rap and hip-hop. I want to Major in Health and Minor in Business, more specifically Physical Therapy and Entrepreneurial ship. Back to the powerlifter subject I am 6 ft. tall, 180 lbs (i dunno the metric weight for my weight (Wink I am German, Norwegian, Cherokee Indian, and straight from americuhhhh. Anything else you'd like to know just ask (:
Back to top Go down
poh seng7

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 1:55 am

y000.

My irl name is Poh Seng, which is also my Runescape name.I am 15 yrs old and i  live in Singapore with my parents and my brother in a flat. Studying here is a pain but i get to enjoy good food and facilities. I like playing basketball and i play it quite often. I'm a cool guy and u can joke around with me all u want.

I started playing rs when i was 10. I was generally a noob at first and all i ever did was woodcutting and training up my combat skills. Now im top 100 active pure f2p player. The reason why i want to stay as a pure f2p is because its much harder to max which make the game even more exciting though there could be times that it is too troublemsome. At the moment, i'm trying to get records in dg cuz it gives me a sense of achievement. Believe it or not, i am #1 for 13% small solo. IKR! pluz its done in f2p(.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaN3JC3Lv5w)(link to the 13% small solo) i;m trying to beat the rec for med 13% Smile. Wish me luck!

Well thats it for my intro, i hope it isn't too long for u guys. THANK YOU!!!
Back to top Go down
supsmileyface

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 1:58 am

hey whatsup my name is rory, i'm 16 years old and from the Nethrlands. i have ben playing runescape since i was 9 years old. i love playing soccer and all sorts of videogames (like cod), im into rap and hardstyle music and i listen to it all day long, excuse my English cause like i already said im from holland:P, if you wanna know more look me up on rs, in the clanchannel or just send me a message, supsmileyfac Smile
Back to top Go down
M e h
Forum Moderator 2
Forum Moderator 2
M e h

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 2:27 am

Hey everyone, Meh here. Smile

First of all, my irl name is Mehdi but you're free to call me w/e you want, Razz I'm 19 years old (I guess you can call me an adult, even though I don't sound like one lol) and live in Norway. My dad is half Algerian/French, and my mom Norwegian/Turkish, so you could say I have a rather diversified nationality. Razz
I speak a total of 5 languages (Norwegian, French, Arabic, English and Spanish) so you're free to talk to me using any of these (especially Spanish, I really need to improve it). :s
I graduated high school a year ago and am currently taking a break so I get to decide what to go for. :p
I also swim (been swimming ever since I was 8 years old) and been in a swimming club for around 5 years.

I've played RuneScape for a pretty long time (from when Vertigo was in Jagex.com?), on and off on different accounts. I got told about it from a friend because all of the cool guys in school used to play it. :p I started playing seriously after my third account got locked (can't remember why, I was little lol) and made ''Meh D i RY17'' which then name changed to ''M e h''. My goal is to one day get a trimmed comp cape... or just comp cape lol, idk. I like to enjoy RS and just go with the flow. Razz

TL;DR: hai guise am meh
Back to top Go down
https://secure.runescape.com/m=friend-referral/?ref=mGv1S_3KOSvS
Debonnys
Wut happened to title for 1k posts
Wut happened to title for 1k posts
Debonnys

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 6:57 am

Hi I'm debonnys, you probably know me already, if you don't we'll meet one day =].
Back to top Go down
Blast
Obviously never closed forums
Obviously never closed forums
Blast

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 7:21 am

Hi, I'm Blasty.

I've played RS for like 7 years and have a max cape but not comp. I still have 30 hours left to do, which is about 1 hour less than I had to do 5 months ago.

In the mean time, I've been working on small web app projects, including a max cape designer/catalog and a fish flingers automated notetaker. Atm working on a fish flingers compiling server.

Most of my years on 'scape have been spent in Mine Nation, where I've made irreplaceable friends and camel-acquaintances. Somehow, despite my naturally lazy personality, I've ended up as a co-owner of mine nation. If there are any bugs on the site, it's probably my fault Smile

In terms of irl, I look kinda like Daniel Radcliffe, except hotter. I am 18 and Asian. Also, who needs sport when you have 'scape. I like to do web-related stuff in my spare time, and I'll be studying chemistry for uni. I was somewhat of a maths prodigy in high school. Problem solving is my strength, but I don't have the patience to practice lines and lines of differentiation and integration anymore.
Back to top Go down
Vishal
High poster
High poster
Vishal

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 10:06 am

Well, lettuce see...

My name's Vishal, but Im used to being called Vish irs and I am called by a different name also by family:P so lottsa identities. Im 19 years old.

I'm currently majoring in computer engineering, and moving on to transfer to a university later on Very Happy

I generally didn't like the math but I got quite interested in it as I went up Smile. AND i LOVE anything about computers. Im generally a shy guy, as I dont really approach people, but if they approach me then I'd get to know them. I try to maintain my grades by rsing moar obvs.
Far as friends go....I've only had 2 meaningful ones, 1 of which got distant after going to college and another who I've met irs.

About Le RS Lief, I calculated i spent only 11% of my teenage life on rs, i expected more but yolo. I started in late 2003, and i've been extremely inefficient because even after all those years my total is around 2325.. During late middle school and early high school, RS definitely took a toll on my grades, so I took a bit of a break in those years and took many breaks at older times. I've also collected some holiday items like yoyo's and scarfs (my fav). Around 2008, I meant a guy named Joep irs who im still friends with, he lives in NL. I intend to visit him soon though:D My current goal is to definitely get comp cape.

Far as my interests/hobbies, RS(duh ik), l0ts of Naruto. If its anime, then Naruto would have to be my all time favorite. If my rs game time is 300 days (which it is), then the time i spent watching Naruto is over 9000, such that my iPod is filled with more Japanese songs and soundtracks than English ones. If you need a manga/anime that must suit your genres, Do bother me about it.
Did I mention math?
I'm not much of a reader, but I have to say, catcher in the rye, kite runner, and slaughter house 5 were my favorites. I wouldn't mind rereading them at all. And I definitely love to write essays....*cough* Luckily Im about to finish up my last essay in my academics career.
Do pm me if you need anything moarrr :sun:
Did i mention i love naruto???
Back to top Go down
Ola Kala
Is this your new home?
Is this your new home?
Ola Kala

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 12:47 pm

My name is Ola Kala, aka Matt, aka Kalamaramata. I started to play runescape when it was introduced on miniclip.com (a website not blocked by my high school net nanny). I'm 24 years old now so I guess you all can call me the old guy if you want. I don't think you can call me an avid runescaper but once in a grand while I get the runescape bug and sometimes end up getting a 99 in the process.

During one of these binges while I was drop mining in the runescape desert I was invited to join mine nation chat by Meliumex. I never tried joining a clan before but that name sounded appropriate for me at the time. Seeing all the 99 miners in the clan exacerbated my runescape bug which led me to my 99 mining. So I have the clan to thank for that and also for keeping me entertained with some of their fun chat and shenanigans. Definitely the funnest clan on runescape.

As for my education, I graduated high school in 2007. Went to a two year technical school for Electronic Systems where I graduated with an Associates in Applied Science. Now I work at an industrial plant maintaining/installing safety, control, and analytical devices but if you ask anyone outside of work they say I work on computers. Not quite as interesting as I see what all of you are studying, so props to you guys.

I enjoy spending time with my 4 nephews and niece(no kids of my own yet), cruising in my 350z, target shooting, and of course playing video games. I do enjoy my "stout" so I apologize for annoying any of you after having a few Cool.
Back to top Go down
pi_rules3_14
I <3 to waste RS xp
I
pi_rules3_14

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 2:22 pm

Hey Hey all, I'm Steven.  Im 22 and been married for almost 3 years now (no kid involved or anything.  I was dating the girl I knew I wanted to marry and figured why not now rather than later, right?)   I just graduated college last month with a major in Bible and a major in Children's Ministry.  I currently work (as was my goal going into uni) with a non profit religious organization that works with kids in after school programs.

I am pretty religious but don't worry, i'm not sure i've ever gotten truly offended by anyone.  I'm very open to chat/answer any question you may have (although unless the cc is near empty or mostly ppl I know are mature I'd prefer not to discuss it in cc for obv reasons. haha).

As far as hobbies, I use to be into music a ton (piano lessons - 8 yrs/trombone - 12/ guitar-4/organ-1/voice-1) I had thought about being a music teacher, but decided to go toward the religious studies instead.  

Oh yeah, I was gonna comment on location in the college part, but alas.  I just moved from Chicago IL to a small (like tiny) town in Pennsylvania.

As far as runescape, I started in 7th grade typing class in 04 because the kid next to me was raving about the new runecrafting skill that had just come out. (sadly I don't have that account anymore) I started playing again in 9th grade on Pi because I was a math nerd (not so much anymore)(and by not so much I mean I appreciate math from a distance =s) I went mem for a month during that summer and heard someone talking about mine nation.  I joined the chat, but was overwhelmed by the massive wall of text and left after only a few hours.  I have no idea why, but a yearish later I randomly decided to rejoin the chat but never ever said anything.  One day (like 2 months later) I logged in and had a smiley. "they recognize me! =D" Then I finally started to gain some confidence and actually make some noise.  Between Runescape, and the real-time-strategy game StarCraft, my video game life is basically non existent.  My wife and I use to go on dates (while I was in chicago and she was 12+hrs away) and we actually decided to get married while talking on runescape sitting in the park outside the east wall of varrok. I wanted to do our actual wedding on computers and projected on the screen in the front of the church.  She gave the idea a little thought, but ultimately vetoed the idea (can't win 'em all, right?)  she doesn't play anymore ('cept for holiday quests and irl runescape parties I'll have from time to time).

Well, I feel like that was a long ramble, but hey. It's the internet the place people share basically whatever and it feels completely normal. =D
Feel free to ama <3 you all!   
(this took me forever to type on qwerty in the dark (I use dvorak)) >=o
Back to top Go down
http://twitch.tv/tyflikw42
Sentimental

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 7:52 pm

Sentimental (currently Never Going)
Known as: Senti, Jr
Likes: Runescape, complaining about various things in Runescape, anime, complaining about various things not in Runescape
Dislikes: Volunteering information about self, certain spelling mistakes (especially ones which change it into a different word entirely), people who spam my name without saying anything else, people who use fuck every other sentence, etc...
Other details: Upon request

Notes:
Tendancy to ignore people. Makes comments unrelated to current conversation(s). Over uses parentheses.

I'm a wonderfully negative person, can you tell?
Will not lie to you (mostly).
That's all I want to throw out there, if you want more ask me in game.
Back to top Go down
Bigjwood
Bigjwood

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 12:59 am

My name is Bigjwood, aka Jordan.

I started playing Runescape when I was 12? My brother introduced me to it, and I bet he wish he hadn't now since I am an addict haha. I did have a previous account which was almost maxed, but I gave it to an old friend and started Bigjwood which is now comp cape (aiming for trimmed). Runescape is a great game, but I have periods were I just don't enjoy playing.

I am 20 years old, 6'3, brown hair, blue eyes and I can't really think of anyone that I look like.  I also get a lot of abuse irl for being tanned... I have a very good sense of humour, and I can sometimes get annoying, just tell me to stop and I will. I tend to be very sarcastic to, so don't take anything to heart!

My main hobbies are gaming, socializing, sports and definitely clubbing. I have been on 3 lads holidays, so I've had quite the experience. I did play semi-pro football (soccer) until 17 and I had 2 major knee operations so now i just stick to basketball! I am an old school gamer so I love Ps1 games like tomb raider aha.

Education wise, I finished high school, and 3 years in college. I got 4 university offers, but I decided not to go and got a job instead. I work part time as a barman!

I am not religious at all, I am an atheist.

P.S. This clan is awesome, no stuck up assholes like maxed Smile
Back to top Go down
Tatls

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 2:10 am

Merp.

My name's Tatls, I go by lots of other names though xD My real name is Jake though.

I'm 19 and have been playing Rs for about 7 years or so, I've had 3 accounts and only 1 99 skill, Dg.

I like cooking, gaming, being an all round nerd, people who can actually Dung without being a right idiot. Things I hate... World 32, people who don't Mgt or do what they're told in floors, spiders, the fact Fist of Guthix is dead, did I mention idiots in dung?

Yeah.. DAMN YOU JOEP FOR MAKING ME DO THIS BLARGHH
Back to top Go down
RJ
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk
RJ

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 7:49 am

Oherro, I am 85gangsta, aka RJ, or Meh's babe, or Vishals babe. Im 19 years old and live in the United States of 'Muricccaaaa

I have been playing Runescape for a think 7 years now, but probably longer, lol. I have been a gamer all my life where I started out on the N64 playing Super Mario 64 and Super Smash Bros. I got a playstation 2 when they first came out, and I still play it to this date. I am a huge Ace Combat series fan, and a Magic the Gathering fan. I mostly play Xbox and RS now, if you want my GT it is KSIxSMDOLfan7 I also like to mess aroung in photoshop, so if you want something let me know.

Thats all.
-RJ
Back to top Go down
Dakota
Admin
Admin
Dakota

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:54 am

Ohai it's Dakota (Sequestered or Serrin in game), I'm 18 and currently living in Tennessee in 'Murica.
However I'll be moving out of state for college (uni) in the fall where I'll be majoring in psychology
I am a huge sports fan with my favorite teams being the Tennessee Titans, Memphis Grizzlies, and Atlanta Braves. I also really love music and played trumpet for 7 years now.

I started Runescape in 06 after hearing about it from a friend through band in my school and played for a few months with a month of membership before quitting. I then came back to the game in the summer of 2009 after leaving band practice one day, I ended up staying because of being invited to the clan by Mel.

Anything else you want to know ask me, except Vish trying to stalk
Back to top Go down
Wanderer0246
Admin
Admin
Wanderer0246

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 1:02 am

Okay so I figured I'd write an introduction althoughhhh I don't think I really need to... I've been told my introduction to new cc members was given as 'girl who left to have a baby....' .... to clear the air I AM NOT PREGNANT...(note: i didn't have a baby either :p)

Anyways, I have many names within the cc, most poplar being Wandy, Sueeee or Suzy....Reccently I've also heard Aunty Sue!?!?!? I'm 19 and basically don't play much RS anymore as I started uni last October. I could write an essay about my history here but most people are probably happy to be rid of my TLDR posts - so I won't upset them by starting that trend all over again. You should see me around from time to time possibly - I'm friendly, don't really bite unless I have reason to and I've been here since practically the start (*cough* if you need ANY gossip at all from previous years, you know where to come Wink ofc I can't fill in the last 6 months)

Anything else you want to know, ask Vish :p
Back to top Go down
Usedbandage9
High poster
High poster
Usedbandage9

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 4:49 pm

Hey everyone, new and veterans alike. I am a 19, and have been playing Rs continuously since '06. One day at club swim practice, my friend convinced me to try out this game. Some how we ended up going to the same middle shool, high school, AND college. He quit in middle school, but I continued into college, where I now play on and off. I did water polo and swim in highschool (MEH, I'll race you) and now continue swimming on the Triathlon team at my college. 

I joined MN a few months after it was started (Mel still led), when I was going for 85 mining. I searched for a mining clan on the forums, and you guys were the first ones I clicked on. Been with the clan since. I wish I could spend more time with the clan lately, but haven't found time to log on. I hope to someday make mining my 2nd 99, allowing me to happily lay this game to rest.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/usedbandage9?feature=mhum
Vishal
High poster
High poster
Vishal

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 5:24 pm

I forgot to add Joep invited me to dis heavenly clan.

thanks babe<3
Back to top Go down
squirrel

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 7:31 am

hi guys, chris here. i saw your little banner and thought why not. i like to do pretty much anything on runescape. i can help answer any questions about the game you may have, but i'm pretty sure everyone already knows the answers (they are pros). anyways, just saying hi!
Back to top Go down
pi_rules3_14
I <3 to waste RS xp
I
pi_rules3_14

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 1:16 pm

welcome!=D
Back to top Go down
http://twitch.tv/tyflikw42
Vishal
High poster
High poster
Vishal

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 2:44 pm

Helllooo! Have fun
Back to top Go down
M e h
Forum Moderator 2
Forum Moderator 2
M e h

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 11:14 am

Welcome! Smile
Back to top Go down
9ql
9ql

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 6:30 pm

I don't know if it's too late but oh well

Hey, I'm Kaleb i'm 16 years old i live in NSW, Australia. I still go to high school and i'm not sure what i intend to do in the future but i'm very very very very lazy, so i'll probably have a very lazy job c: flipping gp's irl or something.
My mine nation profile picture or whatever it's called is of me maybe a year ago, i now have short hair, and it's my natural colour red.
I don't like to play sports really becuase they require far too much effort and make me really hot and sweaty which i don't like.
Although i don't like sports much i do love snowboarding because it's very cold and i like the cold. i plan to someday move to a colder climate somewhere with snow Smile

I have a pretty bad memory, but i started runescape when i was about 10, in year 4 or something and i have played it on and off to this day, but i used to just make lots of low level users and f2p pk, only recently have i became ''serious'' in my account and i started a main, which at 120~ days gameplay, i have 2081 total.

Message me if you're up for a chat ingame or on this forum thing, (i'm new to forums i have no idea how they work).
Back to top Go down
M e h
Forum Moderator 2
Forum Moderator 2
M e h

Introductions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introductions   Introductions EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 10:09 pm

Hi Kaleb, welcome! Smile
If youùre looking for a cold country come to Norway. :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content